1. ETHNOMEDICINAL USES OF SOME PLANTS OF MORACEAE AND SOLANACEAE FAMILY OF MORACEAE AND SOLANACEAE FAMILY OF HAMIRPUR DISTRICT IN HIMACHAL PRADESH by SURENDRA KUMAR GODARA,NITESH KUMAR, POORNIMA KUMARI ANDSONU RAM
Keywords:Medicinal plants, Ethanomedicinal, Uses, Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh.
An ethanobotanical survey was carried out among the local people of Hamirpur district of Himachal Pradesh. A total of 16 plant species (belonging to 2 families: Solanaceae and Moraceae) of ethanomedicinal interest upon enquiry from this area informants between the ages of 45 to 75 years were reported. It is interesting to note that a single plant species finds use for treatment of a wide spectrum of health disorders in traditional and folk medicine. Employment of techniques such as cell and tissue culture would provide means of rapid propagation and conservation of the plant species and, from the point of view of phytochemistry, give scope for enhancement of the quality and quantity of the bioactive secondary metabolites occurring in plant.
How to Cite
Authors retain all their rights to the published works, such as (but not limited to) the following rights;
- Copyright and other proprietary rights relating to the article, such as patent rights,
- The right to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books,
- The right to reproduce the article for own purposes,
- The right to self-archive the article
- The right to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the article's published version (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal (LSL).