7.ANTIMICROBIAL ACTIVITY OF LEAF EXTRACT OF PSORALEA CORYLIFOLIA L. By 1P.A. HOSAMANI, 2.H.C. LAKSHMAN AND 2 K. SANDEEPKUMAR
Antimicrobial activity of leaf extract of Psoralea corylifolia L. was studied using different solvent like
chloroform, acetone, ethanol and water against bacterial strains like Bacillus subtilis, Staphylococcus
aureus, Pseudomonus aeruginosa, Escherichia.coli and fungal strains Aspergillus niger and Penicillum
chrysogenum. The antimicrobial activity was determined by disc diffusion method. Out of the four extract
used, chloroform acetone and ethanol extracts were found to be highly active against Staphylococcus
aureus, Bacillus subtilis ,Escherichia.coli and Aspergillus niger.
KEY WORD: Psoralea corylifolia, Bacillus subtilis, Staphylococcus aureus, Pseudomonus aeruginosa ,
How to Cite
Authors retain all their rights to the published works, such as (but not limited to) the following rights;
- Copyright and other proprietary rights relating to the article, such as patent rights,
- The right to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books,
- The right to reproduce the article for own purposes,
- The right to self-archive the article
- The right to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the article's published version (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal (LSL).