Plant-Based Proteins and Their Applications: A Review
Keywords:Nutrition, Plant, Protein, vegetarian, weed
Proteins are present in all living organisms and include many essential biological compounds such as amino acids, antioxidants, vitamins, fiber and minerals. Omega-3 fatty acids that are essential for the body. Weed plant and vegetables have received great attention as vegetarian and sustainable protein sources at the territorial level. Furthermore, some weed plants are considered an untapped resource for discovering bioactive compounds with health benefits where bioactive peptides have shown exceptional potential. A balanced vegan diet is made up of these four food groups: vegetables (peanuts, chickpeas, peas, etc.), some weeds (Panicum miliaceum, Setaria italica, etc.) and crops (quinoa, oats, etc.).
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2023 LIFE SCIENCES LEAFLETS
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors retain all their rights to the published works, such as (but not limited to) the following rights;
- Copyright and other proprietary rights relating to the article, such as patent rights,
- The right to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books,
- The right to reproduce the article for own purposes,
- The right to self-archive the article
- The right to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the article's published version (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal (LSL).