PHENOLOGICAL CHARACTERISTICS OF TREE SPECIES IN M.N. COLLEGE VISNAGAR, MEHSANA (NORTH GUJARAT)
Keywords:Flowering, Fruiting, Leaf, Phenology, Shedding, Tree
Phenology is the study of the timing of repeated biological occurrences, the factors influencing those timings in terms of abiotic and biotic forces, and the relationships between phases of the same or distinct events. Present study aims to record the phenological diagrams of various tree species in M.N. College Visnagar campus which is located in the Mehsana district in the north region of the Gujarat state, including tree lifecycle like leaf fall, vegetative growth, fruiting, new foliage and flowering, from 2020 to 2023. Phenological phases of tree species exhibited peak of leaf fall in cool dry period in month of January (68%) and fruiting in the beginning of warm dry period in May (60%) while flowering in warm dry period in March to April month 73% and 76% respectively.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2023 LIFE SCIENCES LEAFLETS
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors retain all their rights to the published works, such as (but not limited to) the following rights;
- Copyright and other proprietary rights relating to the article, such as patent rights,
- The right to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books,
- The right to reproduce the article for own purposes,
- The right to self-archive the article
- The right to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the article's published version (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal (LSL).