4.COMPARATIVE STANDARDIZATION PARAMETERS OF FICUS CARICA LINN. AND FICUS RELIGIOSA LINN. BY VAJPAYEE ARCHANA1, DWIVEDI SUMEET, DUBEY KUSHAGRA AND JOSHI HEMANT
The quality control of crude drugs and herbal formulations is of paramount importance in
justifying their acceptability in modern system of medicine. But one of the major problems
faced by the herbal drug industry is non availability of rigid quality control profile for herbal
material and their formulations. The present work was conceived to standardize the leaves of
Ficus carica and Ficus religiosa. Various standardization parameters such as morphological
features, physicochemical evaluation, preliminary phytochemical screening, TLC, UV
spectroscopy are reported in present paper.
KEY WORDS: Standardization, Ficus carica, Ficus religiosa, Quality control.
How to Cite
Authors retain all their rights to the published works, such as (but not limited to) the following rights;
- Copyright and other proprietary rights relating to the article, such as patent rights,
- The right to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books,
- The right to reproduce the article for own purposes,
- The right to self-archive the article
- The right to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the article's published version (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal (LSL).