6. UTILIZATION OF GULKAND IN DESICCATED COCONUT CHOCOLATE, PROCESS STANDARDIZATION AND THEIR SENSORY ATTRIBUTES by B. D. RUDRAWAR1 AND S. N. SINGAR2
Chocolate is one of the most popular food products. In the present investigations different kinds of samples were developed from desiccated coconut, condensed milk, dark and milk chocolate and sugar as a basic ingredient and Mint, Gulkand and basil as a flavoring supplement. Desiccated coconut chocolate is important and rich source of Carbohydrates, Minerals in the diets. The important saturated fatty acid in the coconut is lauric acid which increases good-HDL cholesterol levels in the blood. Thus; desiccated coconut is taken as basic ingredient to make nutritious chocolate. Gulkand is rich in Carbohydrate and dietary fiber, vitamin C, Sodium and less amount of protein. Gulkand reduces acidity and reduces heat in the stomach, treats ulcers and swelling in the intestine. Condensed milk acts asbinding agent also provide little sweetness to product. Dark and milk chocolate consist of Flavonoids which may help to lower blood pressure, Lower The Risk of Cardiovascular Disease, decrease low-density lipoprotein cholesterol, lower blood clot risk. It was concluded that the desiccated coconut chocolate added with Gulkand (CG) was found most acceptable by panel members as compared to Mint (CM) and Basil (CB) samples in terms of color, taste and overall acceptability.
KEY WORD: Desiccated coconut, Ulcers, Flavonoids, Gulkand,, Sensory Evaluation.
How to Cite
Authors retain all their rights to the published works, such as (but not limited to) the following rights;
- Copyright and other proprietary rights relating to the article, such as patent rights,
- The right to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books,
- The right to reproduce the article for own purposes,
- The right to self-archive the article
- The right to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the article's published version (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal (LSL).