4. PAGE AND RAPD ANALYSIS OF PARENTS AND HYBRID OF COTTON (GOSSYPIUM HIRSUTUM L.) by CHITRA SHUKLA
Electrophoretic studies of total soluble seed protein and peroxidase isozyme from seed and seedling of parents and hybrid of cotton (male- G.Cot-10, female- G.Cot-100 and hybrid- H-6) respectively was performed, using 8% running gel. Bands were obtained and Rm values were calculated. Parents and hybrid were distinguished on the basis of presence and absence of bands. Genomic DNA from parents and hybrid of cotton were analysed to evaluate genetic diversity by RAPD, using 6 specific decamer primers. A total of 74 amplified bands were observed, with 12.3333 bands per primer, monomorphic and polymorphic fragments were obtained. The cluster analysis by UPGMA was done and Jaccard’s arithematic mean was calculated. Electrophoresis and RAPD proved to be an important tool to distinguish parents and hybrid of cotton.
KEYWORDS: PAGE, RAPD, Soluble seed protein, Peroxidase isozyme, DNA polymorphism, primer.
How to Cite
Authors retain all their rights to the published works, such as (but not limited to) the following rights;
- Copyright and other proprietary rights relating to the article, such as patent rights,
- The right to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books,
- The right to reproduce the article for own purposes,
- The right to self-archive the article
- The right to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the article's published version (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal (IRJC).