2. UV-VISIBLE SPECTROSCOPIC ANALYSIS AND ANTIBACTERIAL ACTIVITY STUDIES ON SELECTED DYE YIELDING PLANTS OF SOUTH INDIA by T. LEON STEPHAN RAJ
In the present investigation UV- Visible spectroscopic analysis and antibacterial activity studies on selected dye yielding plant was carried out. The plant samples were collected and dye was extracted using methanol. The UV- Visible spectrum indicates the absorption spectrum of the selected dye extracts at different wavelengths. The dye extracts also exhibited for antibacterial studies against ten selected pathogens. Among various dye extracts, Caesalpinia sappan and Thespesia populnea showed highest zone of inhibition against selected pathogens compared to other extracts and Hibiscus rosa-sinensis showed the limited zones of inhibition against pathogens.
KEYWORDS: Spectroscopic analysis, Dye yielding plants, antibacterial activity, Methanol extract.
How to Cite
Authors retain all their rights to the published works, such as (but not limited to) the following rights;
- Copyright and other proprietary rights relating to the article, such as patent rights,
- The right to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books,
- The right to reproduce the article for own purposes,
- The right to self-archive the article
- The right to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the article's published version (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal (IRJC).