1.SYNTHESIS AND REACTIVITY OF CHROMIUM AND MANGANESE DIBROMOACETATES AND THEIR COMPLEXES WITH ORGANIC BASES By By JUGAL KISHORE PURI1 AND RAJNI CHHOKER2
Complexes of composition CrCl(Br2CHCOO)2, Cr3O(Br2CHCOO)6Cl, [Cr3O(Br2CHCOO)6(Br2CHCOOH)3Cl], Cr(Br2CHCOO)3, Cr(Br2CHCOO)3.Py, Cr(Br2CHCOO)3.Q, Cr(Br2CHCOO)3(C2H5)3N, [Cr3O(Br2CHCOO)6(NH3)3]Cl.5NH3, Mn(Br2CHCOO)2, Mn(Br2CHCOO)2.2Py, Mn(Br2CHCOO)2.2Q, Mn(Br2CHCOO)2.2(C2H5)3N and (Me4N)2Mn(Br2CHCOO)4 have been synthesized. All these compounds have been characterized by elemental analysis, molar conductance, infra-red, reflectance and thermo-gravimetric studies. These studies indicate the hexa co-ordination of chromium and manganese in these compounds having octahedral geometry and suggest the formation of polymeric structures. Further attempts are in progress to isolate the single crystal of these complexes in order to throw more light on the structure of these complexes from single crystal x-ray studies.
KEY WORD: Chromium, Manganese, Dibromoacetates, spectroscopic techniques, TGA studies.
How to Cite
Authors retain all their rights to the published works, such as (but not limited to) the following rights;
- Copyright and other proprietary rights relating to the article, such as patent rights,
- The right to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books,
- The right to reproduce the article for own purposes,
- The right to self-archive the article
- The right to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the article's published version (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal (IRJC).