2.SYNTHESIS AND BIOLOGICAL STUDY OF 5-(((4,5-DIPHENYL-4H-1,2,4-TRIAZOL-3-YL)THIO)METHYL)QUINOLIN-8-OL AND ITS METAL COMPLEXES By VIPUL PRAJAPATI AND JALPA LIMBACHIA
A novel ligand namely compound of 5-(((4,5-diphenyl-4h-1,2,4-triazol-3-yl)thio)methyl)quinolin-8-ol (THQ), derived in a good yield by condensation of from 4,5-diphenyl-4H-1,2,4-triazole-3-thiol with 5-chloromethyl-8-quinolinol (HQ). It was characterized by elemental analysis and spectral analysis. Various transition metal complexes of 5-(((4,5-diphenyl-4h-1,2,4-triazol-3-yl)thio)methyl)quinolin-8-ol(THQ) metal ions were prepared by treatment of THQ and metal salt of stoichiometric ratio. All the resultant metal complexes were characterized by metal ligand ratio, spectral and magnetic properties. All the samples i.e. THQ and its complexes were screened for their antimicrobial activity.
KEY WORD: 8-Hydroxyquinoline, Thiol, 1,2,4-Triazole.
How to Cite
Authors retain all their rights to the published works, such as (but not limited to) the following rights;
- Copyright and other proprietary rights relating to the article, such as patent rights,
- The right to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books,
- The right to reproduce the article for own purposes,
- The right to self-archive the article
- The right to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the article's published version (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal (IRJC).