2. IN VITRO EVALUATION OF ANTIFUNGAL ACTIVITY OF COMBINATION OF METHANOL EXTRACT OF TEMINALIA CHEBULA FRUIT AND AMPHOTERICIN B AGAINST CANDIDA ALBICANS By 1. P. J. VYAS_ 1. A. S. SUTHAR AND 2. A. D.
Terminalia chebula Retz. belongs to the family “Combretaceae”, is a valuable medicinal plant . T. chebula showed a number of medicinal activities due to the presence of a large number of different types of phytochemicals. Amphotericin B is a very useful antibiotic for fungal infections. This present study has been done to evaluate the interaction between methanol extract of the fruits of T. chebula and Amphotericin B on their antifungal activity against Candida albicans. The results of this study showed that there is an increased activity in case of combination of plant extract and antibiotic. This Combination therapy could be a new way to treat diseases which are caused by Candida albicans (MTCC 183).
KEY WORD: Terminalia chebula, Amphotericin B, Candida albicans, Combination therapy.
How to Cite
Authors retain all their rights to the published works, such as (but not limited to) the following rights;
- Copyright and other proprietary rights relating to the article, such as patent rights,
- The right to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books,
- The right to reproduce the article for own purposes,
- The right to self-archive the article
- The right to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the article's published version (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal (IRJC).