EVALUATION OF ANTIOXIDANT POTENTIAL OF BETEL (PIPER BETEL) LEAVES EXTRACT
Keywords:Antioxidant properties, Antioxidant ability assays, betel leave, Nitric oxide radical scavenging assay
Different type of biochemical test (Antioxidant ability assays, Hydrogen peroxide scavenging assay, Nitric oxide radical scavenging assay and 2, 2?-azino-bis (3 ethylbenzothiazoline-6-sulfonic acid (ABTS) were exercised to evaluate antioxidant activity of betel leaves extract (BE). The result showed that BE exhibit high Antioxidant ability assays (303.55±5.18 ?g ascorbic acid) and IC50 value of BE for Hydrogen peroxide scavenging assay, Nitric oxide radical scavenging assay and ABTS were found 37.48±2.85, 53.24±2.39 and 57.74±2.05 respectively. It can be concluded that betel leaves can be use as antioxidants in food industry to prevent the dilemma of lipid oxidation and rancidity.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021 INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH JOURNAL OF CHEMISTRY
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors retain all their rights to the published works, such as (but not limited to) the following rights;
- Copyright and other proprietary rights relating to the article, such as patent rights,
- The right to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books,
- The right to reproduce the article for own purposes,
- The right to self-archive the article
- The right to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the article's published version (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal (IRJC).