1. CORRELATION STUDIES ON NEEM (Azadirachta indica A. Juss) WITH RESPECT TO FLOWER TO FRUIT CONVERSION by PRABAKARAN, P., KUMARAN, K., RADHAKRISHNAN, S. AND UMARANI, R.
Keywords:Plus tree, Phenology, Inflorescence, Genetic Improvement, Seed production.
In the present study, ten plus trees were selected based on morphologically superior parents at Forest College and Research Institute, Mettupalayam, for investigation of flowering phenology of Neem (Azadirachta indica). From the observation 100 fruit weight and oil percent had significant high heritability and genetic advance this may indicate additive gene action among the traits. Inflorescence length and 100 fruit weight had high positive correlation followed by number of fruits per inflorescence with fruiting percent. Therefore, those phonological traits are used as a selection index for future genetic improvement studies of neem for high seed production.
How to Cite
Authors retain all their rights to the published works, such as (but not limited to) the following rights;
- Copyright and other proprietary rights relating to the article, such as patent rights,
- The right to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books,
- The right to reproduce the article for own purposes,
- The right to self-archive the article
- The right to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the article's published version (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal (IRJC).