5.CERTAIN PLANT SPECIES TRADITIONALLY USED BY THE TRIBALS OF R.D.F. POSHINA FOREST RANGE OF SABARKANTHA DISTRICT, NORTH GUJARAT, INDIA BY HITESH R. PATEL AND R.S. PATEL
The present paper reviews plants traditionally used by tribals in r.d.f. poshina forest range of
sabarkantha district, north Gujarat, India. About 10 plant species belonging to 10families were
observed during my research work. Plant species of these forest areas are documented here with
their botanical names, local names, family and their ethnobotanical uses. The species were
arranged family vise according to the flora of Gujarat state. The present data were collected from
the tribals and local people residing in the hamlets of the remote forest area.The botanical names,
Local names, families, biodata of informators are given in the present research paper. The adivasi
dwelling in the forest have good knowledge of different plants. Certain plants like SARAGAVO
Moringa oleifera (Lam.), KOTHI Limonia acidissima (L.), LIMDO Azadirachta indica (A.Juss.),
BAVAL Acacia nilotica (L.), DUTHIE Lagenaria leucantha (Roxb.) Rusby, DHAO Anogeissus
pendula (Wall.), GUNDA Cordia dichotoma (Forst.f.), BHOYRINGNI Solanum surattense
(Burm.f.), ARNI Clerodendrum multiflorum (Burm.f.), THOR Euphorbia nerifolia (L.) etc. were
observed as a commonly useful plants in the R.D.F. Poshina Forest during the year 2010-2011.
KEY WORD: Traditionally, Sabarkantha district, R.D.F. Poshina forest range, Tribals.
How to Cite
Authors retain all their rights to the published works, such as (but not limited to) the following rights;
- Copyright and other proprietary rights relating to the article, such as patent rights,
- The right to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books,
- The right to reproduce the article for own purposes,
- The right to self-archive the article
- The right to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the article's published version (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal (LSL).