1. WOOD ANATOMICAL PROPERTIES OF DALBERGIA SISSOO ROXB. by K. KARIMANISHA1, N.KRISHNAKUMAR2 AND K.T. PARTHIBAN3
Keywords:Fibre morphology, Vessel morphology, Dalbergia sissoo, Anatomical properties, Derived indices.
Experiments were carried out to identify the anatomical properties viz., Fibre morphology, vessel morphology and derived values from fibre dimensions of Dalbergia sissoo wood samples at different radial positions. There was an increase in anatomical traits from pith to peripheryin this species. There is variations in wood samples among the radial positions (pith, middle and periphery) investigated. Based on the results, Dalbergia sissoo is suitable for furniture making due to the strong fibre characteristics.Hence, this species may be used as furniture making as secondary timber.Hence the species could be exploited for further tree improvement programme.
How to Cite
Authors retain all their rights to the published works, such as (but not limited to) the following rights;
- Copyright and other proprietary rights relating to the article, such as patent rights,
- The right to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books,
- The right to reproduce the article for own purposes,
- The right to self-archive the article
- The right to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the article's published version (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal (LSL).