2. STUDY OF CHLOROPHYLL VARIATION “A” AND “B” FROM SELECTED AQUATIC PLANTS by Dr. A.J. PARMAR
Keywords:Chlorophyll, Extract, Spectrophotometer, Optical Density, Patan district.
Chlorophyll a, b, c, d, Carotene, Xanthophylls are present in all higher plants. Then chlorophyll a and b are most important for plants. Make extract of chlorophyll in 80% acetone and estimate by spectrophotometer in Optical Density. Chlorophyll a and b are measured in amount of mg/mL. Chlorophyll is estimate of hydrophytes plants in Ammannia baccifera L., Eichhornia crassipes (Mart.) Solms, Hydrilla verticillata (L.f.)Royle, Nymphaea pubescens Willd, Bacopa monnieri (L.) Wettst. and Typha angustifolia L. The range of chlorophyll contains are 1.9826 to 6.9220 mg/mL for chlorophyll a and 2.6598 to 10.7774 mg/mL for chlorophyll b. Concentration of chlorophyll a and b was calculated using Arnon method. Chlorophyll content was higher in Nymphaea pubescens than other Aquatic plants.
How to Cite
Authors retain all their rights to the published works, such as (but not limited to) the following rights;
- Copyright and other proprietary rights relating to the article, such as patent rights,
- The right to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books,
- The right to reproduce the article for own purposes,
- The right to self-archive the article
- The right to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the article's published version (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal (LSL).