PLANTING TIME AND CHEMICALS RESPONSE ON FLOWERING AND CORM PRODUCTION OF GLADIOLUS (GLADIOLUS GRANDIFLORUS L.) CV. URMI by M. RAJA NAIK1, VENKATA SATISH KUCHI2
Keywords:Chemicals, Gladiolus, Growth & yield attributes, Planting time.
The present investigation was carried out to study the effect of different planting times and chemicals on flowering and yield parameters of gladiolus cv. Urmi. The results revealed that, among multiple treatments, 3rd week of October, 2014 planting (P1) significantly increased flowering, quality and yield attributes as compared to other planting times viz., 3rd week of November (P2 ), 3rd week of December (P3 ) and 3rd week of January, 2015 (P4 ). While in case of chemicals, 150 ppm GA3 (C3) had significant effect on flowering, quality and yield attributes as compared to control (C0). In interaction, the treatment combination i.e. corms treated with GA3 @ 150 ppm and corms planted during 3rd week of October, 2014 (P1 C3 ) was the best with respect to flowering and yield characters of gladiolus cv. Urmi.
How to Cite
Authors retain all their rights to the published works, such as (but not limited to) the following rights;
- Copyright and other proprietary rights relating to the article, such as patent rights,
- The right to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books,
- The right to reproduce the article for own purposes,
- The right to self-archive the article
- The right to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the article's published version (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal (LSL).