1. STUDY OF SELECTED CAMPUS FLORA OF MANDVI TOWN OF KACHCHH DISTRICT, GUJARAT, INDIA by KACHHOT, JAY J.1, MEGHNATHI, DHRUV H.2, CHUDASAMA, NILESH N.3, NAKRANI, UDIT A.4 AND MEHTA, P.K.5
Keywords:Urban Flora, Floral diversity, Conservation.
Floral diversity is one of the most popular terms in conservation of biodiversity. Documentation of floral status of an existing area is very important in terms of future conservation plan. Now a day, urban ecology becomes the umbrella term which includes flora and fauna of cities, villages, public domestic, botanical gardens, unused agricultural land, road side areas, campus of Government offices, schools, colleges and Institutes. These urban ecosystems have great importance as they support multiple ecosystems. The present piece of work deals with campus flora of two ITI institutes and one Government office viz. Government Science College, ITI institute and magistrate office. The selected study covers approximately 14 acre area of land. Total 71 plant species of 66 genera belonging to 39 families have been recorded from the selected study area. All the collected plant species documented and arranged systematically. The present study provides the floristic status of selected study area which can be useful in the future of cultivation and conservation of urban ecosystem of the area.
How to Cite
Authors retain all their rights to the published works, such as (but not limited to) the following rights;
- Copyright and other proprietary rights relating to the article, such as patent rights,
- The right to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books,
- The right to reproduce the article for own purposes,
- The right to self-archive the article
- The right to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the article's published version (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal (LSL).