1. STUDY ON THE CONSUMER PERCEPTION AND PRACTICE ON POLYTHENE BAGS IN JAGDALPUR CITY AT BASTAR IN CHHATTISGARH by SAJIWAN KUMAR
Keywords:Plastic Shopping Bags, Environmental Impacts of Plastic, Environmental Policy.
The usage of plastic bag has causes both convenience and inconvenience in our daily lives. It causes environmental hazards as most plastic bags are not bio-degradable. Hygiene and wastage issue are also being alarmed as plastic bag can be seen littered all across the town. Usage of plastic bag for hot edible items not only causes such inconveniences but it may also cause health hazards of the consumer. Plastic bag is commonly used to pack hot edible items in hawker stall, food court and coffee shop in Jagdalpur. The danger arises when wrong type of plastic is being used as chemical migration between plastic and food can be maximized by temperature and content, as there is direct contact between the hot edible items and the plastic itself. According to green marketing concept, stakeholders such as the consumer play a pivotal role in the environmental and health consciousness. Business owner will have to align with consumer’s opinion on green issue so that their business will not be affected. Therefore, this study is being conducted in order to understand the consumer perception and practice in Jagdalpur based on this issue. Factors influencing the perception and practice will also be identified so that recommendation can be made to raise public awareness and minimize the usage of plastic bag ultimately.
How to Cite
Authors retain all their rights to the published works, such as (but not limited to) the following rights;
- Copyright and other proprietary rights relating to the article, such as patent rights,
- The right to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books,
- The right to reproduce the article for own purposes,
- The right to self-archive the article
- The right to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the article's published version (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal (LSL).