1. OBSERVATION ON AQUATIC AND WETLAND PLANT DIVERSITY IN RUPPUR LAKE, PATAN DISTRICT, GUJARAT by BALDEV PANCHAL, NENSI PATEL, ASHWINI PATEL, SWATI PATEL, GAYATRI JOSHI AND KRISHANA DESAI
Keywords:Aquatic and wetland plants, Ruppur Lake, Gujarat
With an aim to make an inventory of aquatic and wetland plant diversity, field explorations were undertaken during August to February-2019 in Ruppur Lake, district Patan, Gujarat, India. The climate of the district is arid and semi-arid, with tropical dry deciduous and thorny forests. This floristic survey conducted for the first time in the study area showed the wealth of aquatic and wetland flora of the region under study. A total of 4 species in 4 genera and 3 angiosperm families were recorded for the first time during present survey conducted in the area under study. Of the total recorded species Dicotyledones consisted of 25% whereas, Monocotyledones of 75%. From the present stud, it can be concluded that the study area contains a significant proportion of varied aquatic and wetland plant species.
How to Cite
Authors retain all their rights to the published works, such as (but not limited to) the following rights;
- Copyright and other proprietary rights relating to the article, such as patent rights,
- The right to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books,
- The right to reproduce the article for own purposes,
- The right to self-archive the article
- The right to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the article's published version (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal (LSL).