4. SURGICAL MANAGEMENT OF FETAL MACERATION THROUGH LEFT FLANK CAESAREAN SECTION IN A HOLSTEIN FRIESIAN COW by GYAN SINGH, RAVI DUTT1, JASMER DALAL1, S PATIL1 AND V.K. JAIN
Keywords:Surgical Management, Fetal maceration, Left flank caesarean section, Holstein friesian cow.
A five years aged Holstein Friesian cow (OPD No. 5824, Dated: 5.12.2017) was brought to the Veterinary Clinical Complex of LUVAS with the history of seven months pregnancy and cervico-vaginal mucopurulent discharge for last 10 says. Per-rectal examination revealed enlarged uterus with doughy consistency. Per-vaginal examination revealed 3 fingers dilated cervix. Trans-rectal real time B – mode ultrasonography revealed hyperechoic impressions of bony parts of the fetus. Parenteral treatment with Valethamate bromide, Estradiol benzoate, PGF2?, and Calcium boro-gluconate failed to dilate the cervix after 24 hours of treatment and finally laparohysterotomy from left flank region was carried out to deliver the macerated fetus.
How to Cite
Authors retain all their rights to the published works, such as (but not limited to) the following rights;
- Copyright and other proprietary rights relating to the article, such as patent rights,
- The right to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books,
- The right to reproduce the article for own purposes,
- The right to self-archive the article
- The right to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the article's published version (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal (LSL).