1. CLIMATE CHANGE IMPACT IN PERSPECTIVE OF LIVESTOCK SECTOR - AN OVERVIEW by SIMRAN SINGH1, DIBYENDU CHAKRABORTY2,HARSHIT VERMA3 AND NAZAM KHAN4
Keywords:Livestock, Climate change, Production, Reproduction, Food demand.
Livestock plays a vital role in the agricultural sector in developing nations. The inquisition on climate change and its implications is the focus of much scientific interest as it poses alarming threats to the development of livestock arena. Climate is a critical factor for production and reproduction in farm animals. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) presages that by the 2100 the increase in global temperature may be between 1.8?C and 4.0?C. With increases of 1.5?C to 2.5?C, approximately 20 to 30 % of plant and animal species are exposed to the risk of extinction with dire outcomes for food security. The development of an action plan by different disciplines in coorporation is crucial considering the increasing food demand of the human population as well as can provide an adequate response to the challenges of climate change.
KEY WORDS: Livestock, Climate change, Production, Reproduction, Food demand.
How to Cite
Authors retain all their rights to the published works, such as (but not limited to) the following rights;
- Copyright and other proprietary rights relating to the article, such as patent rights,
- The right to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books,
- The right to reproduce the article for own purposes,
- The right to self-archive the article
- The right to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the article's published version (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal (LSL).