2. SEED GERMINATION WITH INFLUENCE OF OMKARA by ITAGI RAVI KUMAR1 AND MALLINA KARTHIK2
Keywords:Seed germination, Omkara, Mantra, Radical length, Fenugreek.
Mantras are not philosophies developed by human intellect or mind. They were revealed to great ancient sages when they tuned themselves into the universal energy following their profound meditation and austerity. Mantra increases plants growth and their positive energy has spiritual and healing properties. In the beginning, om is supposed to have been the first vibratory sound that emanated as the seed of creation. Om is a bija mantra for all the other mantras, whether vaidika or tantrika. The design of the experiment consists of two samples: mantra and control. Each sample contained a total of 600 fenugreek. Five replications were conducted with 120 seeds in each. Omkara mantra was chanted for 108 times for treatment sample, twice a day at sunrise and at sunset for two days. The control sample was kept under normal conditions. The result showed that treatment sample with omkara has 5.5% more germination, with exponential significance in radical length, 0.25 gm more in fresh weight of germinated seed and 0.47 gm more in dry weight of germinated seeds with respect to control.
How to Cite
Authors retain all their rights to the published works, such as (but not limited to) the following rights;
- Copyright and other proprietary rights relating to the article, such as patent rights,
- The right to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books,
- The right to reproduce the article for own purposes,
- The right to self-archive the article
- The right to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the article's published version (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal (LSL).