2. COMPATIBILITY STUDIES OF FODDER CROPS WITH MELIA DUBIA CAV. by K. KARTHIKEYAN, R. JUDE SUDHAGAR, S. RADHAKRISHNAN AND C. CINTHIA FERNANDAZ
Keywords:Growth, Melia dubia, Intercrop, Productivity, Silvipastoral system.
A field experiment was conducted during 2017-1018 at Forest College and Research Institute, Mettupalayam with the clonal variety of Melia dubia MTP 2. Cumbu Napier Hybrid Co (BN) 5, Guinea grass CO (GG) 3, Lucerne, Hedge Lucerne and Stylosanthes were grown as intercrops under Melia dubia MTP 2. Investigations were carried out to assess the growth performance of Melia dubia under silvipastoral system to elicit information on superior crop combinations. Results revealed that the combination of Melia + Hedge Lucerne proved superior. The current study concludes that compared to monocropping of Melia, Melia + Hedge Lucerne combination was identified as promising silvipastoral model.
How to Cite
Authors retain all their rights to the published works, such as (but not limited to) the following rights;
- Copyright and other proprietary rights relating to the article, such as patent rights,
- The right to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books,
- The right to reproduce the article for own purposes,
- The right to self-archive the article
- The right to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the article's published version (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal (LSL).