1. SEED GERMINATION (PHYTOTOXICITY INDEX) OF END PRODUCT OF COMPOSTING OF POULTRY FARM WASTE by I.A. BABA1, M.T. BANDAY1, H.M. KHAN3, A.A. KHAN3, AND Z. H. MUNSHI4
Keywords:Seed germination,Poultry farm waste.
The present study was conducted in the Division of Livestock Production and Management, Faculty of Veterinary Sciences and Animal Husbandry (SKUAST- Kashmir) to assess the seed germination (phytotoxicity index) of the end product of composting of poultry form waste under the agroclimatic conditions of Kashmir Valley. Poultry farm waste in the form of poultry carcass (dead birds) and poultry litter was selected for this purpose. Four treatment recipes formulated for composting were: T1: Poultry carcass + Poultry litter, T2: Poultry carcass + Poultry litter + Paddy straw, T3: Poultry carcass + Poultry litter + Effective Microbes and T4: Poultry carcass + Poultry litter + Paddy straw + Effective Microbes. Significantly (P<0.05) highest and lowest seed germination of 75.66 and 63.66 per cent respectively were observed in treatment groups T4 and T2 respectively during summer season and 71.33 and 65.91 per cent in T4 and T1 respectively during winter season. It was concluded that sufficient amount of seed germination index was achieved that indicated a much reduction of phytotoxins in the compost.
How to Cite
Authors retain all their rights to the published works, such as (but not limited to) the following rights;
- Copyright and other proprietary rights relating to the article, such as patent rights,
- The right to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books,
- The right to reproduce the article for own purposes,
- The right to self-archive the article
- The right to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the article's published version (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal (LSL).