4. BUTTERFLY (LEPIDOPTERA-RHOPALOCERA-INSECTA) DIVERSITY OF ROORKEE, DISTRICT HARIDWAR, UTTARAKHAND INDIA by ASHISH KUMAR LAMIYAN1 AND NARENDER SHARMA2
A preliminary study on the butterfly diversity of Roorkee, District Haridwar of Uttarakhand, was studied through sampling programme from February 2017- August 2017. A total of 32 species belonging to 26 genera of five families (Papilionidae, Pieridae, Nymhalidae, Lycaenidae, Hesperiidae) were recorded. The maximum number of species were found in the family Nymphalidae (15 species), followed by Pieridae (7 species), Lycaenidae (6 species), Papilionidae (3 species), and Hesperiidae ( 1 species). An analysis of relative abundances revealed that of the 32 species reported, 10 were classed as very common, 18 as common and the remaining 4 species as uncommon.
KEY WORDS: Butterfly, Species Diversity, Roorkee, Uttarakhand.
How to Cite
Authors retain all their rights to the published works, such as (but not limited to) the following rights;
- Copyright and other proprietary rights relating to the article, such as patent rights,
- The right to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books,
- The right to reproduce the article for own purposes,
- The right to self-archive the article
- The right to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the article's published version (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal (LSL).