3. EFFECT OF SRIYANTRA AND LUNAR DAYS ON THE GERMINATION OF FENUGREEK by ITAGI RAVI KUMAR1 AND RAVI KUMAR MANDAL2
In tantric text yantra is a geometric diagram, which drawn on a paper and metal for worship or upasana to attain a siddhi and yogis use as aid to meditation. Lunar days are the length of time it takes for the moon to make one complete rotation on its axis compared to the sun. According to Hindu calendar lunar day called as tithi and 30 days in lunar month. In this study pancha loha sriyanta and paper sriyantra of two different sizes 23 cm x 23 cm and 15 cm x 15 cm were used as an intervention to see the effect on germination of fenugreek seeds along with control. Sample size was 600 seeds with 15 replications of 40 seeds in each replication. To study the effect of lunar day on germination of seeds, size of sample was 40 seeds. Samples are soaked at sunrise time on each lunar day of March/April. The present study showed sriyantra was more effective than control on % of germination, mean radical length, fresh weight and oven dry weight on fenugreek. Paper sriyantra was more effective on % of germination, mean radical length and oven dry weight than pancha loha sriyantra. Pancha loha sriyantra was more effective on fresh weight than Paper sriyantra. Bigger size sriyantra was more effective on % of germination, mean radical length and fresh weight. In the effect of lunar days investigation found that at four days before and after full moon was more effective.
KEY WORDS: Germination, Radical length, Fresh weight, Oven dry weight, Sriyantra, Lunar day, Tithi.
How to Cite
Authors retain all their rights to the published works, such as (but not limited to) the following rights;
- Copyright and other proprietary rights relating to the article, such as patent rights,
- The right to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books,
- The right to reproduce the article for own purposes,
- The right to self-archive the article
- The right to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the article's published version (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal (LSL).