4. HERD STRUCTURE OF KANKREJ CATTLE AT AN ORGANIZED FARM by Dr. K. J. ANKUYA1, DR. K. B. PRAJAPATI2 AND DR. ABHINAV JOSHI3
An analysis was performed to study the herd structure of Kankrej cattle at an organized farm of Gujarat State. The data were collected from Livestock Research Station, S. D. Agricultural University, Sardarkrushinagar. Data were collected from Livestock records from January 2003 to December 2013. The herd strength ranged between 199.50 to 230.00 with a mean of 176.86 ± 08.25 units. The average herd composition includes cow, heifer (above two year), heifer (1-2 year), heifer calf, male (above two year), male (1-2 year), male calf, breeding bull and bullock/teaser was 89.91 ± 04.11, 28.55 ± 01.73, 10.09 ± 00.45, 08.43 ± 00.37, 07.88 ± 01.35, 06.91 ± 00.60, 08.57 ± 00.62, 09.89 ± 03.24 and 06.64 ± 01.48 units, respectively. The average proportion of animals against respective categories was 50.84, 16.14, 05.71, 04.77, 04.45, 03.91, 04.84, 05.59 and 03.75 per cent.
KEY WORD: Herd structure, Kankrej, LRS.
How to Cite
Authors retain all their rights to the published works, such as (but not limited to) the following rights;
- Copyright and other proprietary rights relating to the article, such as patent rights,
- The right to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books,
- The right to reproduce the article for own purposes,
- The right to self-archive the article
- The right to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the article's published version (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal (LSL).