2. EDIBLE PACKAGING- AN ALTERNATIVE TO PLASTIC PACKAGING OF MUSCLE FOOD by SARITA KUMARI1 AND ANURAG2
Keywords:EDIBLE PACKAGING, MUSCLE FOOD
Packaging defined as a socio-scientific discipline which operates in society to ensure delivery of goods to the ultimate consumer of those goods in the best condition intended for their use (Lockhart, 1997). Approximately 30% of the plastics is used for packaging applications in worldwide and this utilization is still expanding at a high rate of 12% per annum (Sabir, 2004). Mulder, 1998 reported European countries usage averages100 kg of plastic per person each year. Plastic is a non-biodegradable organic and inorganic compounds generally derivative of petrochemicals like olefins, and absence of degradation of plastic, their accumulation posing an ever-increasing ecological threat to flora and fauna (Bhardwaj et al, 2012).
How to Cite
Authors retain all their rights to the published works, such as (but not limited to) the following rights;
- Copyright and other proprietary rights relating to the article, such as patent rights,
- The right to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books,
- The right to reproduce the article for own purposes,
- The right to self-archive the article
- The right to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the article's published version (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal (IRJC).