1. ISOLATION AND CHARACTERIZATION OF SESQUITERPENE LACTONES FROM THE GENUS AMBERBOA by RUCHI SINGH AND DURGA K. MEWARA
Keywords:Asteraceae , Triterpenoids , Steroids.
Amberboa divaricata Kuntze (syn. Amberboa ramosa (Roxb.) Jafri = Volutarella divaricata Benth. et Hook.f. = Tricholepis procumbens Wight) belongs to the family Asteraceae and tribe-Cynareae. Asteraceae is the second largest family of the flowering plants and comprises of about 1100 genera and more than 20,000 species. Various sesquiterpene lactones especially guaianolides have been isolated from this genus. Some of these have a-methylene-g-lactone moiety which is essential for cytotoxic activity. The present work deals with the chemical investigation of the aerial parts of Amberboa divaricata and reports the isolation of lupeol acetate, stigmasterol, b-sitosterol, lupeol, aguerin-B, cynaropicrin, desacylcynaropicrin, betulinic acid and b-sitosterol-D-glucoside.
KEYWORDS: Amberboa divaricata Kuntze ; Asteraceae , Triterpenoids , Steroids.
How to Cite
Authors retain all their rights to the published works, such as (but not limited to) the following rights;
- Copyright and other proprietary rights relating to the article, such as patent rights,
- The right to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books,
- The right to reproduce the article for own purposes,
- The right to self-archive the article
- The right to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the article's published version (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal (IRJC).